26 May 2010

an adventure

i'm getting ready to embark on a great adventure. wow - those words terrify me anymore. back in my high school and college days, i was up for any adventure any time. dc, france, london - you name it. but i've become a homebody and somewhat of a worrier in my old age. i know it's because i've got so much to lose now. i'm so focused on living every moment to the fullest, it pains me to leave my family and my home for two weeks.

but that's what i'm getting ready to do. it's a work trip. but not just any work trip. most people go on a work trip and have to sit in a hotel conference room or an office building for the entire time and don't get to see the sights (if there are even any sights to see). i'm lucky enough that i get to see all the sights and then some! i have the privilege of leading 14 college students on a trek to Morocco. we'll be in Casablanca, Marrakech, and a small village in the High Atlas Mountains. omg.

i just finished packing. i think. now it's time for the OCD triple-check. i'm doing my best to focus on one thing at a time. baby steps. if i think too far ahead my stomach curls up into a knot and i freeze into place.

i'm so glad E has a more than capable daddy so i don't have to worry about their well-being while i'm gone. i found one of those modern-day men who can cook, read bedtime stories, grocery shop, and all that good stuff.

so here i go.
on a true adventure.
wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Have fun! Remember the funny stuff to tell us and take pictures! We'll miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete