31 January 2012

january is the new spring

Hyacinth bulbs popping up, steaks on the grill, baseball out in the front yard.  I love spring.  Oh wait...

It's freaking January! 65 degrees in KC on January 31? This is crazy talk.

I've been taking advantage of this weird yet wonderful "winter" weather to go jogging with my big brown dog and trick-bike-riding boy. I made it back up to two miles pretty quickly.  I need to now push myself to go for three. I'm trying to decide on a 5k to run this spring.  Why is it neccessary to start these things at 6:30 am in May?  There's gotta be a 9 o'clock start time out there somewhere. Still searching. 

I did come across an obstacle race called Ruckus KC.  It's March 31 and looks like a muddy mess. But a muddy mess with afternoon start times!  I'm cool with everything except monkey bars.  I am not a monkey.  I cannot swing from my arms over a 10 foot drop into muddy water.  That kind of freaks me out.  But maybe I need to conquer my fears. And drag the hubs along for motivation.

Time for a weight check:
  current weight: 191
  starting weight (dec 15): 196
  goal weight: 160
  pounds lost: 5
  pounds to go: 31

I was stuck at 192 forever and then just had to kick it into high gear to finally get down to 191.  I've been taking Title Boxing classes about 3 times per week, running a couple times, walking over lunch and cutting way down on sugar.  It really is more about diet than anything though.  I've had some weak moments, but managed to stay pretty strong this week.

Looking forward to the 180s in the next week or two! I'm a little flabbergasted (or blubbergasted?) that I was 188 lbs at 30 weeks pregnant.  How was that possible?  I thought I was on such a great track to not have a lot of baby weight to worry about. Wrong-o. Those last 9-10 weeks are killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment