25 April 2012

eating kid food

I've been trying a new tactic these last few weeks. Eating kid food.  No, not chicken nuggets and mac & cheese.  Kid-sized versions of healthy foods.  I still like the big momma sized versions for breakfast, but the kid versions are great for snacks.  Here are two I've tried so far.

Clif Kid Z Bar - 120 cal, 2.5 g fat, 3 g protein
[vs. Luna - 190 cal, 8 g fat, 9 g protein]

Chobani Champions - 100 cal, 1 g fat, 8 g protein
[vs. Chobani 6 oz - 140 cal, 0 g fat, 14 g protein]

Kids meals: Baby girl qualifies for a kid meal and it's usually more than she can eat (although she can eat the entire grilled chicken/cup of fruit kids meal from Chik-fil-A). If it's big enough and healthy enough, I can split her meal and maybe order a side salad.  I have only tried this once (at Mr. Goodsense) but plan on trying it again!  It's easier on the pocket book too. We don't eat out that often anymore, but 54th Street and Olive Garden would be great places for this trick!

[I have a whole other rant on kid's menus. Suprise restaurants! Not all kids love french fries and hamburgers! Both of mine happen to enjoy a nice filet of salmon with a side of grilled veggies.]

While I was shooting for 180 by the end of this month, I'm happy with my current weight.  I'm starting to fit into some size 14 pants. We'll save the 180 goal for our Florida family trip at the end of May. [Already getting anxiety over packing for all of us for a whole week. We drove to IL for two nights and filled the truck bed.]
 
April's weight check:
   starting weight (dec 15): 196 [sz 16/18]
   current weight: 184 [sz 14/16]
   goal weight: 160
   pounds lost: 12
   pounds to go: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment