05 November 2012

Rainy Monday Run

After consuming more food than one person should this weekend, I was determined to run a bit of it off this morning.  I woke up to drizzling rain and decided to go for it. It was the maiden voyage for my new Petzl Tikkina 2 Headlamp.  Surprisingly I felt less like a freight train than I thought I would with that light on my forehead.  It helped me dodge potholes and puddles, but the best part was knowing that cars could actually see me (always a good thing).  I didn't get as soaked as I thought I would, and as an added bonus: you run faster in the rain!  Two 10-minute miles in the books!

Freight train comin'!
My weight has been all over the place lately.  We're talking 4 pound fluctuation up, down, and back up.  This week my goal is to get it back down for good. I read a doc about not eating back your workout calories, so I am going to try that.  It makes sense really, and it abandons the notion that "I worked out, now I can eat what I want".  I am also going to lay off the wine this week and see if it helps (duh).

No comments:

Post a Comment