25 November 2009

carbs ahoy!

I have managed to recoup from the damage done in Illinois this past weekend (wedding reception with cake and open wine bar; thanksgiving dinner with noodles, mashed potatoes and pumpkin bread; fast food only options along the drive).

To counteract the food, I attempted running in the country. It sounds like a nice retreat, but this is hard-core country. The kind with coyotes, skunks, and hunters who have been known to shoot "stray" bullets. Makes for a stressful jog.

I took my protector Padre down the only road there is, but before long we came across two large stray-looking dogs staring us down. We quickly headed back and I turned down the "lane" next to Luke's parent's house, which runs between the now-empty corn fields. The image of the big black cat-looking animal I saw earlier that morning and the thought of the groom from the night before who had his combine windshield shot out while he was in the field started messing with my head and we turned back towards the house yet again.

I ended up settling for lunges, squats and jumping jacks in the garage.

When all was said and done I woke up this morning to two less pounds! It's a miracle!

Now the challenge for the next 24 hours is Mexican food and Margaritas, cheese and wine, crepes and nutella tonight with Erin. Yes ALL tonight. We're foodies, what can I say? She's only with me one night so we have to fit it all in!! Then wake up and do it all again with Thanksgiving at Aunt Brenda's. I'll be doing my best to run it all off this weekend! Thankfully this time without the scary wild animals and reckless hunters.

2 comments:

  1. Those Crepes were TOTALLY worth all the exercise!
    The bigger problem is......what am I going to do when I want them and you are 2,000 miles away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember, it's all in the wrist!

    ReplyDelete