18 November 2009

safe harbor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

My brain and my heart constantly argue over what is best for me. I know they both have my best interests at heart (or in mind) but they can never seem to get along. I would love to think that I live up to this quote by Old Sam Clemens, but in reality I do enjoy being stable and somewhat predictable. I know.. Borrring!

So what will I do? I will keep firm grasp of my dreams and not give up. I will prepare myself for the perfect opportunity so that when it comes around I will be ready. Ready to sail away from my safe harbor.

2 comments: