05 January 2010

my christmas monster

Ethan had his first winter program with his Early Preschool class. I was such a nervous stage mom. I didn't know if he'd clam up, but he was so good singing and doing all the hand motions. They sang a Rudolph variation, Five Little Christmas Trees, Oh Santa Claus (to the tune of "O Christmas Tree") and the whole school did We Wish You a Merry Christmas. During Oh Santa Claus the boys were swaying so much they nearly bonked heads! Then daddy got a wave and a big "Hi Daddy" followed by a "Hi Mommy" from the boy next to him. They were so darn cute (especially the one in blue).



We made cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. He's really great with the cookie cutter, but let me do most of the decorating. Although he gets credit for the red nose on the gingerbread man.



Christmas morning was perfect. Grammy stayed over (and ended up staying for lunch with Grandma and Granddad Cox thanks to all the snow). What did Ethan ask Santa for? A pogo stick! I blame Mickey Mouse. I think he saw it listed as a Mouseketool. But guess what - he loves it!



The first school day of the year Ethan started in the Preschool class! I can't believe my baby is getting so big. I tell him all the time that even when he's as big as daddy he'll still be my baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment