06 February 2013

challenged


They (bob, jillian, oprah) always say you have to figure out what is behind the weight. Emotionally. But I never could quite figure it out. I like food. I eat when I'm bored, stressed, blah blah blah. But I had a great upbringing. I'm not filling empty emotional holes with food.  So why do I eat junk I know is not good for me?

Then I finally had a breakthrough on one of my recent runs (where I always do my best thinking).

I have never been challenged.  

My childhood was fun. My parents spoiled me.  I didn't have chores. Schoolwork came easily to me. I never had to struggle much to keep my good grades. I don't like competition much, and I will usually be the first one to back down if something is too difficult or if I might fail.

But guess what?  I was chubby, shy and insecure. I wanted to be on the cheerleading team, the volleyball team, the basketball team.  But tennis and band were all I could do well enough.  I wanted to date the cute class VP, but an awkward boyfriend from a neighboring town would have to do.

I have never challenged myself to be better. Do better. Well I challenge myself NOW. I will lose the last 25 lbs. I will be a hot wife and a healthy mama for my kids. And I will run a 10k in June!

I managed to not sabotage myself this weekend and got in a total of SIX miles (3 Sat/3 Sun) plus two yesterday. Trying to take full advantage of this wonderful February weather!

I'll admit, I have mom guilt some days.  However Saturday when I came back from my run and found the kids marching up and down the hallway timing themselves to see how long they could go, I was reminded of the good example I was setting for them. So I went back out on Sunday for another run and didn't feel a tinge of guilt.

I am super happy with my weigh-in this morning. Down THREE pounds! I feel like I'm back on track and I'm ready to keep making those numbers go down!


   2013 wednesday weigh-ins

   Feb 6 [week 3]  172.2 (-3)
   Jan 30 [week 2] 175.2  (+1.2)
   Jan 23 [week 1] 174.0  (+3)

   Dec 2011 starting weight: 196
   Goal weight:  149
   Pounds lost:  23.8
   Pounds to go:  23.2


Riverfront Park. As close as I can get to running on the beach.



button

2 comments:

  1. Awesome loss and an even better example that you're setting for your kids! I can't wait to read all about your 10K once it happens... I have my first 5K in the spring and then I plan on tackling a 10K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have run a couple of 5Ks and was so tempted to register for another one, but decided to push myself this time. You'll love it though - they're so much fun!

      Delete