01 February 2013

#GoRed


Today I Go Red in honor of my best friend Molly.

Molly was a beautiful person, inside and out. We were friends since grade school and did everything together, including rooming together in college and studying abroad together in France.

She loved to run, but found out she had a heart condition. Under her cardiologist's supervision, she was cleared to walk a half marathon for which she had trained. In Dec 2009, Molly finished the St Jude Half Marathon in Memphis.

And then she suddenly collapsed from heart failure. She was 32 years old.

I love and miss my friend very much. She continues to inspire me to run, to take chances, and to visit the beach whenever possible.

Molly after she finished a 1/2 marathon in 2008.

Me and Molly overlooking Florence, Italy in 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment