29 April 2013

drywall in a day [week 16]

I seem to have lost track of what week it is on our house updates because we've had a few weeks of little activity.  There have been some updates, but nothing too exciting.  HVAC, electrical, inspections, septic pond, water line, blah blah blah.  All very important for sure, but I'm ready for the pretty stuff now!

So I counted and we're at Week 16!  Insulation and drywall.  The crew managed to hang all the drywall in one day - impressive! The enclosed walls make it look even bigger for some reason.  People keep telling me it's all going to move really quickly now.  That is a good thing since we're moving out of our house in six weeks!

living room: bring on the paint and flooring!

entry: railing cannot come soon enough
We found our first couple of issues - light switch on wrong side of door and smaller tub than planned - but I think we can live with both.

While planting some tall grasses around the septic pond this weekend I noticed that our little easter redbud is sprouting leaves! I hadn't expected to do anything this year or maybe ever, so this was a very exciting discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment