13 February 2010

crêpes + swimsuits = eek!

After dining on some fabulous crêpes at Bunny's baby shower, I thought since i was child-free it sounded like a great idea to go try on swimsuits. Oh man. They only make two types of suits these days: pre-teen and grandma. I know I am just about the most popular size and body shape, yet swimwear designers insist on the idea that if you're at the pool you must be thin as a rail and have no boobies. Or you're there with your grandkids.

I did manage to find what I call my Marilyn Monroe suit and another polka dot one with a little skirt. They both lean towards the grandma end of the spectrum, but at least you can't see all the crêpe-induced pudge.

Why am I putting myself through this swimsuit torture in February? I'm glad you asked. I get to take them for a test run in Cancun in a few weeks! [stopping to do my happy dance] Warm sun, sand and frozen fruity drinks here we come. Winter can suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment