24 February 2010

friendship

I learned a lot about the importance of girlfriends when my dad passed away (today is his birthday by the way - happy birthday Dad!) My mom had an amazing support system there for her after he was gone. I saw another friend's mom not have that same support and right then and there I promised myself I would always try my best to hang on to my True Friends by making an effort to spend time with them, help whenever possible, etc.

Recently I had a friend dump me and I'm not exactly sure why. Did I give the wrong advice or just too much advice? I was just trying to help. I don't care if you take my advice as long as you're happy. Did I wear her out by leaning on her too much? I just needed a friend. Did I buy the wrong kind of wine or tip poorly when I bought her dinner? The invoice is in the mail.

Truth is, it doesn't really matter now. I know I tried my best to be a good friend. And a True Friend recently told me that it doesn't matter if I wore her out with my own troubles or gave too much advice because that's what True Friends do.

I am thankful that I still have a great group of girlfriends. I hope that we can hang on to each other through all the good times and crappy times and come out better and stronger for all that we've been through together.

No comments:

Post a Comment