28 September 2011

homemade baby food!

I did it! I made baby food for the first time. And it was SO easy!

While cutting up veggies for the world's most amazing pot roast*, i threw some in baby girl's very own special crockpot. (the potatoes were just overflow - i didn't include those in her puree. however next time she's getting some roast!) I added some water and let it cook on low while I went off to work.


Nine and a half years ago I got a food processor for a wedding present.  And it finally made its debut tonight.  After figuring out how the thing all goes together (instructions are long gone), I scooped out the carrots and green beans and plopped them in the processor.


Why have I never used this thing before?! I am now officially in love with my food processor! I apologize for all the years of neglect, dear food processor.


I added in some of the cooking water to smooth it out. After reserving some in a bowl for tonight, I filled an ice cube tray with the remaining mixture.


Ta-Da! Baby girl's dinner is ready!


It's a hit! Yum! And yes, she eats sans clothes. She does not have any table manners yet.


All gone!


Now that's one happy baby with a full tummy!


Tomorrow I'll put the carrot-bean cubes in a freezer bag to have on hand. Next up: butternut squash from the farmer's market!

Homemade baby food - what a wonderful thing!  Sorry to big brother for never trying this before. Back then I was "cooking" when I warmed up a frozen skillet meal! 

*the pot roast really was the best I've ever had.  this time I put cream of mushroom soup on top instead of french onion soup mix. and luke picked out the roast. i'm still a bad meat-picker-outer.


No comments:

Post a Comment