08 September 2011

watch dog catcher

It sounds like a Wheel of Forturne "before and after" phrase, but it's also what I label my conversation with big E yesterday on the way home from school.

Last night E and daddy were heading back to school for the Watch D.O.G.S. program orientation. It's a program where dads sign up to hang out a school for the day to help out and to have the dad presence known.

E and I were discussing the evening plans, and our convo went a little like this:

Uncle George is a watch dog.

I had to think for a second.

Oh, no honey, Uncle George is a dog catcher.

Why is daddy going to be a dog catcher?

No hon, dad is going to be a Watch D.O.G. It's just a name for dads who hang out at school for the day. There aren't any dogs actually envolved.

I'm trying my best not to laugh because he gets upset now when you laugh at him.

Well maybe he'll look for cats.

No. No, I don't think there will be animals of any kind. It's kind of like a mascot, like how you're a Shark.

Or he can catch snakes. Mrs. B had a snake in her house once...

And on he went. Sometimes there is no changing his mind once he gets rolling.

Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment