22 September 2011

thoughts from the working mom

to go to work or to stay at home with the kids.

it's an internal debate of head versus heart made by millions of working moms nearly every day. it's a difficult choice with many factors coming into play, mainly finances and mom-guilt. but you must make your choice and be happy with it.

my choice is to work. i do this so my family can have a more secure financial future. there are other benefits too, like socializing my naturally reserved offspring, getting a jumpstart on their education and getting my own grown-up time with friends and coworkers.

with this choice, i must focus on quality time with my babies versus quantity. some things are currently being sacrificed, such as working out and couple time. but family time is priority. my mom worked my whole life and i always felt very close to her - and still am. i never felt second to her job or activities.

life is all about balance. this post speaks to the working mom's soul.

Please note: i am by no means judging stay-at-home moms or moms who work from home. i think it's a wonderful thing to be able to do that. we're all just doing the best we can so let's not judge each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment