29 August 2012

new running shoes!


I've been wanting to get professionally fitted for running shoes for a while now, and thanks to a coupon I picked up at Race for the Cure, I discovered there is a Gary Gribble's in Independence!  I finally made it in last weekend and after some fittings, discovered my right foot is a half size larger than my left!  Who knew? I also have issues with getting blisters on my pinky toes, so I took the sales person's advice and got a half size larger than I usually do.  And ta-da! Here are my new running buddies!


 
Aren't they lovely? So lightweight and so much room for my tootsies! The sales guy showed me a fancy way of lacing up the shoe on my smaller foot so I don't have any slippage issues on my heel. I've been on two runs so far in my new shoes - 2 miles and 3 miles - and haven't had any issues with my pinky toes like before.  It feels a little strange having so much room up front, but I love them!  I'm starting to feel like a real runner now!  
 
Who doesn't want to run with a morning view like this?  Good morning, neighbor horses.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment