23 August 2012

motivation

Here is my motivation to eat healthy foods (no junk)...
  • because I could run every day and still not lose a pound unless I control my food intake.
  • because I have more energy and feel better when I eat real foods!
to get up early and RUN...
  • because running 30 minutes burns 300 calories and I usually drop a pound after 3 miles.
  • because running makes me not want to drink diet soda.
  • because my 10-year-old lab is like a puppy with all the exercise he gets.
  • because I rarely get sick when I'm consistently working out.
  • because by running in the morning, I am not missing out on family or couple time.
  • because the average runner peaks after 7 years, and I'm still on my way up! 
and ultimately to lose 20-30 more pounds!
  • to be a role model and healthy mom for my kids, and eventually a healthy grandma for my grandkids.
  • to wear coral skinny jeans (or any color really, but definitely a single digit size.)
  • to wear a bikini for the first time in public.
  • to hear the hubs refer to me as his "hot wife." (I will also accept "arm candy" or "trophy wife.")
  • to have more confidence. I wonder if I will still fumble over words as much when i'm not worried about someone's eyes dropping down to my belly roll?
  • to get more doors opened for me (virtual and real-life doors.)
  • to prove it to myself.
Weight check-in:

   starting weight (Dec 15, 2011): 196
   current weight: 177
   goal weight: 160
   pounds lost: 19
   pounds to go: 17

Over half way to my first goal!

1 comment: