13 August 2012

water weight cleanse review

I've been on a summer hiatus from focusing on losing weight, and I decided I needed something to jumpstart my routine again.  I found a pin for Jillian Michael's water weight cleanse and decided it was something I could easily do.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of 100% cranberry juice
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 dandelion root tea bag (I'd make a mug of the tea and pour it in)
60 oz of water

Drink the entire concoction each day for 7 days, and you get to eat normal otherwise.  Easy peasy, right?  Here are my results!

Monday: 182 lbs. It actually tastes pretty good, kind of like a diluted lemon tea.  But I felt so water logged all day. Didn't know if I was going to be able to get it all down.  I'm definitely not used to drinking so much water. Ran 1.25 miles and made it through the day with sugar!

Tuesday: 179.8 lbs. Felt much better drinking the tea all day.  Didn't really feel like I "needed" my coffee as much as I usually do in the morning. Ran 1.75 miles. No sugar, but I overloaded on carbs for dinner with my yummy new Orzo recipe.

Wednesday: 179.6 lbs. Felt super energetic drinking my tea all day. Really didn't want my morning coffee and finished my 60 oz still wanting more.  Took a break from running and had filet and carrots for dinner!

Thursday: 179 lbs. (and 178.6 lbs after my 2 mile run! now there's a good reason to get your butt up and run!) Still loving my tea, but had a happy hour after work and ate french fries for dinner. Boo!

Friday: 179.4 lbs. Trying to shed the guilt of my happy hour fries and wine. Today is a new day!

Saturday: 178.8 lbs.  Woot! This is fantastic! Weekends are usually when I drink the least amount of water just because we're always out and about. I made it a point to fill up my 32 oz mug with the tea and take it with me. I finished my second mug when we got home. I had a carb-heavy dinner because I was running a 5k Sunday morning.  I need the energy!

Sunday: 181.2 lbs. The carbs had their way with me, but I had a good run. Feeling really good all day and actually left the tea out of the water.  Just drank cranberry & lemon water.  Worked my booty off cleaning the house and ate well most of the day.

Monday: 180.8 lbs. So overall I lost just over a pound.  Not as much as I had hoped, but I am taking a renewed love of water with me.  I splashed some lemon and cranberry in my water this morning and before I knew it I had drank 60 oz before 10 am. 

After reading the 5 reasons to drink lemon water in the morning, I think I'll keep up this habit for a while.  I do feel a lot better, less bloated, and I have a lot more energy throughout the day.  Haven't had a soda in over a week either - and don't miss it!

Race for the Cure 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment